Dear Child Care Director/ Owner,
Nurse Consultants LLC has been providing weekly Nursing consultation to Child Care Centers , Nursery Schools , School Age programs and camps for over twenty-five years. Our goal is to promote the safest and healthiest environment for you, your staff, and your children.
Listed below are some of the many reasons that you should consider Nurse Consultants LLC to provide your Nursing consultation and in-service courses:
- We provide coverage for your child care center, Pre-School or School Age Program if your nurse is on vacation, ill, or leaving the position.
- We monitor children’s physicals & immunizations, and communication with parents regarding any health related concerns.
- We monitor staff’s physicals, in-services, and provide mandatory in-services.
- We provide a monthly health/allergy alert list with updated changes for you and your staff, in addition to monthly health and safety updates for you and your staff.
- We carry out medication audits, indoor and outdoor playground safety checks (per state regulations11-6-2008).
If it is a permanent consultant your center requires, we are happy to provide our services. All required in-services can be provided onsite at a reduced rate for current clients.
Quick Facts About our Program:
*State approved First Aid for Child Care Providers Course.
*We provide Nursing Consultation for Child Care, Pre-School and School Age programs as per State of Connecticut Child Care licensing regulations.
*We provide quarterly health consultation to Pre-School programs and bi-annually to school age programs (new regulation as of 11-6-08).
*All instructors are RN’s who consult in Child Care Programs and certified American Heart Association CPR instructors.
*Our monitoring of Diabetes fulfills section 19a-79-13 of the State of Connecticut regulations for a child enrolled in child care with diabetes.
*Epi-Pen/Medication course fulfills section 19a-79-9a of the State of Connecticut mandate for administering any medications at Child Care, Pre-Schools or School Age programs.
***A big thank you to the Connecticut Asthma and Allergy Center LLC of 836 Farmington Avenue, suite 201 West Hartford, CT. 06119-1551 (860) 232-9911 Website: www.ctallergy.net
They have shared their Epi-Pen form with us which can be accessed on this website under “forms.” The form is one page and includes the order and care plan and is accepted by the Connecticut Department of Public Health
** Petition for Special Medication Authorization — we will gladly assist you in filling out the required forms for a petition to administer medication in another modality such as Diastat, or Glucacon. We will also provide the necessary inservice to your staff.
We would love to help you in any way that we can.
*Please contact us if you have any questions about our services:
We look forward to hearing from you and serving you and your program.
Robin Young-Cournoyer RN, BSN, MSN